Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) billing is a process in which an electronic invoice is sent to an organization from another, rather than a paper invoice. This process usually takes place between a seller and buyer, wherein a seller requests the payment for the goods or services they provided to the buyer. EDI is used in major industries such as automotive, retail, insurance, and financial sectors.
Benefits of EDI billing
- Cost-effective: Paper-based claim transactions require the purchase of paper, document prints, as well as a place for storage. But digital documents are hassle-free and do not require the above mentioned.
- Security: EDI billing was designed in a way that would provide maximum security to the claim transactions. The healthcare providers, insurance payers, and suppliers have to meet the eligibility criteria and fill in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) standard EDI enrollment form, as this helps in the prevention of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) violations.
- Standard format: With the help of HIPAA EDI, the format to raise a claim and its transactions have been standardized. There is no discrepancy and confusion, and the data is accurate and organized.
- Increase in speed and accuracy: The organization’s efficiency would be increased by 61% and the transactions could take place in a few minutes, rather than postal services which could take days or weeks.
- Enhanced visibility: It provides full transparency of the transaction status, which results in faster decision making accordingly to the market demands and changing customers.
Setbacks with EDI Billing
- Staff Training: Most of the staff may be unacquainted with the software and training the staff would be expensive.
- Backup: In case the system crashes, all the data in the backup might be lost forever.
- Electronic Protection: If the system is not protected properly then, there is a high risk of viruses, hacking, malware, and other frauds.
Why On-Demand Home Care?
We are the go-to associates for our business visibility and analytics. We execute deliverables to meet targets.
Our Web-Based Solution
We provide you with a top-notch web-based solution that would make your day-to-day tasks such as verification of medical claims and managing your payments hassle-free.
Our Customer Base
We have over 2000 commercial and government payers in our network, you will be paid quickly and accurately.
Our claim submission process
Our Assessments for OASIS and Non-OASIS
With our easily accessible comprehensive assessments, collect pertinent data on the patient and their environment to draw conclusions on subsequent interventions. With an eye on deriving outcomes, clinical monitoring, care planning, payments and compliances, our assessment with rich tools to document falls preventions, wound care, drug regimen, interventions, goals through discharge help capture data comprehensively.
Our Real-Time eligibility checks
Even if a patient has Medicare or non-Medicare insurance, they will be provided with in-depth details about their home healthcare, so that they could make right decisions according to their eligibility and benefits.
Our Plan of Care
We curate a plan of care with just a click of a button, and it is very simple to create. Our users do not have to worry about double data entry, inconsistencies, discomfort while spending more time in caring about your patient’s orders for their discipline and treatment.
Our Tools and Teachings
We provide a report for tools and teachings. We can also custom-build these tools for you accordingly with no additional cost. Submitting your CHAPS report to a certified vender is made simpler for your convenience by us, wherein you can select your vendor to whom you want to submit the report to and directly send it through our portal. This helps patients gain clarity of their recovery and make it an active role in managing their health decisions and conditions.
By using all our consumer-friendly features in the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) billing processes, On-Demand Health Care’s EDI billing has emerged as one of the top businesses in electronically communicating information which was traditionally communicated on a paper, such as health care bills and pharmaceutical invoices. These features help our clients treat their patients with the approach of techniques such as Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain. This is the reason why our user’s top preference is On-Demand Health Care.